Date(s) - 20/03/2019
9:00 am - 3:30 pm
This 1 day training course will provide participants who work with the necessary skills and knowledge to safely administer basic first aid.
On completion of the course candidates will be able to: understand and follow an emergency action plan, perform CPR on an adult, infant and child and recognise and perform first aid procedures when dealing with accidents and emergencies.
The course includes 6 hours contact time, which is required by Ofsted, and each participant will be given a Qualsafe accredited Emergency First Aid certificate.
- Introduction and documentation
- Incident and Casualty Assessment
- The Role of the First Aider
- School Policy on giving Medication by First Aiders
- Accident Reporting
- Assessment of Emergency Situations and Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) on a junior, baby and adult
- How to use AED safely (defibrillator)
- Unconsciousness: secondary survey, recovery position
- Management of a seizure
- Airway and Breathing Problems / Choking
- Introduction to Anaphylaxis
- How to use an Epipen
- Minor Injuries and Burns
- Wounds and bleeding: types of wound and treatment
- Catastrophic bleeding / tourniquet
- Shock: recognition and treatment
- Introduction to Fractures and Dislocations
- Introduction to Head and Spinal Injuries
- Introduction to Diabetes and Asthma
- Multiple choice Question Paper
- Practical Assessments
Trainer : Steve Powell
Cancellation policy : any bookings cancelled within 14 days of the event will be charged at 100%
Bookings are closed for this event.