Date(s) - 14/02/2019
4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
The Guildford Schools Confederation have organised a Leadership Resilience Workshop in 2 twilight sessions on Thursday 14th February and Thursday 14th March 2019.
The course is designed specifically for anyone with a leadership role such as Headteachers, Heads of Year, Heads of Department and other members of the SLT in Primary and Secondary schools.
The constant demands on school leadership have been shown to have a detrimental impact on the emotional and mental health of leaders across the profession. With the current pressures as they are, more than ever, our school leaders need high levels of emotional resilience.
Resilience, the ability to bounce back stronger from difficulty and failure, is an essential characteristic of leaders facing the stress, uncertainty, and change they face every day.
The workshop will comprise of 2 x 1.5 hour sessions, to be held at Kings College, Southway, Guildford GU2 8DU.
Thursday 14th February : from 4-5.30pm
Thursday 14th March : from 4-5.30pm
Both sessions need to be attended.
The course is run by David Gumbrell who set up The Resilience Project, which has been developed in conjunction with Kingston University. David has worked in Surrey schools for 20 years and was a Head Teacher for 7 years. He has extensive experience in training, developing and supporting those who work in education at all levels.
Session 1: Thursday 14th February: Confidence and Motivation
- To reflect on how your confidence levels have shifted since taking on your leadership role.
- To identify which elements of leadership you most enjoy the most.
- To consider how to best motivate the people that you lead.
- To look at how your leadership style is impacting on your relationships with peers.
Session 2: Thursday 14th March : Perception and Connection
- To explore how to gain an accurate perception of your impact as a leader.
- To consider ways to shift your ‘narrative of reality’.
- To develop a robust network in order to maximise mutual benefit.
- To identify ways to broaden your connections to sharpen your perception
Confederation schools cost for attending both sessions is £70 per person.
Non-Confederation schools cost for attending both sessions is £95 per person.
Cancellation policy : any bookings cancelled within 14 days of the event will be charged at 100%
Bookings are closed for this event.