Date(s) - 28/01/2019
4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
The Guildford Schools Confederation have organised a programme of 3 twilight CPD sessions designed for teachers in their second or third year of teaching in Primary or Secondary schools. It builds on their experience and training as NQTs and supports them to develop their classroom practice as well as extending their role beyond the classroom.
All training will be held at Kings College, Southway, Guildford GU2 8DU.
Our trainer is David Gumbrell. David has worked in Surrey schools for 20 years and was a Head Teacher for 7 years. He has extensive experience in training, developing and supporting teachers who have recently qualified.
Session 1: Workload and Prioritisation : Monday 28th January : 4.00-5.30pm
- To develop an acceptance that there is a finite limit to our capacity.
- To explore ways to filter the tasks that we need to complete.
- To streamline processes so that they maximise impact.
- To timetable ‘time out’ in order to improve productivity.
Session 2 : Behaviour and Motivation : Monday 4th March : 4.00-5.30pm
- To delve into the research behind motivation.
- To reflect on current motivation strategies used in your classroom.
- To connect motivation to behaviour in the classroom.
- To consider ways of planning for engagement as well as content.
Session 3: Communication with Peers, Parents and Pupils : Monday 13th May : 4.00-5.30pm
- To consider how power imbalances can impact communications.
- To explore ways to develop active listening strategies.
- To develop effective written and verbal communication.
- To connect your wellbeing to your effectiveness as a communicator.
The cost for the NQT+1/2 Development Programme is £100 per person for Confederation Schools and £130 for Non Confederation schools. This includes all 3 sessions.
Individual sessions may also be booked, see listings for each session on the main events page.
Cancellation policy : any bookings cancelled within 14 days of the start of the programme will be charged at 100%.
Bookings are closed for this event.